As data security breaches become more frequent and impacts more severe, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) has legislated mandatory reporting of data breaches for entities.
The Notifiable Data Breach Scheme (NDB Scheme) took effect on 22 February 2018. The Scheme is mandated under The Privacy Act 1988 and outlines the obligations that organisations have in responding to data breaches, and mandatory reporting to the OAIC.
Is your organisation compliant to the Notifiable Data Breach Scheme?
Do you have questions around:
- What is the Notifiable Data Breach Scheme law and does it apply to my business?
- What does breach notification involve? What type of breaches are required to be reported?
- What should my organisation be doing to prepare for the new regulations to remain compliant?
- What type of data breach requires notification?
- What actions does my organisation need to undertake to secure personal information?
- Does my organisation require a data breach response plan?
- What is a “Notifiable Data Breach Form”?
- What happens if my organisation is not compliant?
If you need help in determining the relevance to your organisation and how to start implementing, then join us at our breakfast briefing to learn more.
|Date:||Friday, 20 April, 2018|
|Time:||7:45am to 9:00am (7:45am for 8am start)|
|Venue:||Titan ICT Boardroom - Level 10, 490 Upper Edward Street, Spring Hill|
This breakfast briefing will take you through the obligations under the NDB Scheme, and provide you with actionable outcomes in formulating a Data Breach Response Plan, including:
- What constitutes a breach
- How and what to do to be compliant for the NDB Scheme
- What a Data Breach Response Plan could look like
- What your organisations NDB scheme process might look like and how to progress it
- What a breach assessment process should look like
- Who needs to be notified within the OAIC and how to report
- Who you need to notify from a client, customer or individual perspective
This is a small group practical session, therefore limited spaces are available. RSVP now to secure your spot at the table.