The global demand for Metals and Minerals is increasing and Australian mining projects are relatively safe for foreign investment. However, Mining companies in Australia must deal with a shortage of skilled workers, high operational costs due to increased taxes, machinery and fuel and ensure the health and safety of the workforce.
It was not long ago that mine sites operated without ICT systems simply because it did not exist. Today, the modern mine site is dependent on ICT infrastructure to improve the productivity of the mine, reduce operational costs and ensure the safety of personnel.
Titan ICT understands mining from the Enterprise Architecture model, providing a helicopter view of ICT systems for mining, to the delivery of fit for purpose systems and the management, monitoring and fault rectification of systems.
ICT systems within a mine setting can include:
- Fleet management systems using wireless radio networks that collect data from large haul trucks, enabling preventative maintenance and minimising down time, slope monitoring, ;
- Remote mining operations are enabled using high speed, low latency networks that connects people to machines enabling remote operators to control mine process machinery, thereby reducing thnumber of personnel required in hazardous work areas thus improving safety; and
- Internet connectivity is provided in accommodation rooms to enable workers to use technology to stay connected with family while away
Technology is rapidly changing and there are many vendors and products on the market, and in being able to provide a customised solution, we believe in:
- Providing confidence in the selection of fit-for-purpose ICT systems that meet the specific requirements of Mining;
- A dynamic plan to provide peace of mind; and
- A strategic implementation approach to ensure value for money.
Titan ICT is vendor neutral therefore we can objectively and independently represent the interests of your mining company.
As a company, Titan ICT has developed with the technology required within Mine operations. We have been there in every step of the way as technology has developed we have been there advising clients of the changes and how they relate for use in their operations.
Along with providing strategic ICT advice, as system integrators Titan ICT can also build the teams to undertake detailed design and implementation including supply of equipment, commissioning and testing. Where required you can manage the project in-house by providing Consultants to strengthen and boost your team during demanding periods.
For more information on our capability within the Mining sector, please refer to our Projects page for a selection of Case Studies and White Papers.